This teacher training course is available from Monday to Saturday. You can start the course as soon as you enroll.
A self-paced program is available. Please send an inquiry to Swasti Yoga Center for more information.
1. Name of the Certification: Yoga Wellness Instructor (YWI)
2. Course level: Level 2
3. Requirement/ Eligibility:
a. For open candidates there is no eligibility criteria
b. For admission in the course it is suggested/ desired that the candidate should have passed 10th standard / secondary school certificate from a recognized board or equivalent. However, the Yoga Institutions can define their own eligibility
4. Brief Role Description: Certified Yoga Professionals (Yoga Protocol Instructor) can teach basics of Yoga / common Yoga protocol developed by the Ministry of AYUSH for International Day of Yoga for prevention of diseases and promotion of health. They can conduct Yoga practice /classes in parks, societies, RWA etc.
5. Minimum age: No age limit
6. Personal Attributes: The job requires individual to have good communication skills, time management skills and ability to understand the body language of the trainees. The job requires individual to possess key qualities such as self discipline, confidence, maturity, patience, compassion, active listening, time management, empathetic, language proficiency.
7. Credit points for certificate : 24 credits
8. Duration of course: Not less than 400 hours or not less than 6 month as part time or not less than 3 month as full time course
9. Mark Distribution: Total Marks: 200 (Theory: 60 + Practical: 140)
|Unit No.||Unit name||Marks|
|1||Introduction to Yoga and Yogic Practices||20|
|2||Introduction to Yoga Texts||20|
|3||Yoga for wellness||20|
|S No.||Practical Work||Marks|
|3||Application of knowledge||10|
Unit 1- Introduction to Yoga and Yogic Practices
Unit 2 Introduction to Yoga Texts
Unit 3 Yoga for Wellness
2. Yogic Shat Karma
3. Yogic Sukshma Vyayama and Sthula Vyayama
a. Yogic Sukshma Vyayama (Micro circulation practices)
b. Yogic Sukshma Vyayama (Micro circulation practices)
4. Yogic Surya Namaskara with Mantra
6. Preparatory Breathing Practices
8. Concept and Demonstration of Bandha
9. Concept and Demonstration of Mudra
10. Practices leading to Dhyana Sadhana
B. Teaching Skills (Methods of Teaching Yoga)Geeta Press, Gorakhpur (Samvat 2061).
Book for reference for Theory
Book for reference for Practicum