This teacher training course is available from Monday to Saturday. You can start the course as soon as you enroll.
A self-paced program is available. Please send an inquiry to Swasti Yoga Center for more information.
Be inspired and learn closely from experts who, together, have 60+ years of knowledge teaching yoga, conducting yoga certification exams for Govt. of India, facilitating yoga retreats, and leading yoga teacher trainings for students from 10+ countries worldwide. Stoke the inner guru within you! This offer is exclusive to a small group of students.
1. Name of the certification: Yoga Protocol Instructor (YPI)
2. Course level: Level-1
3. Requirement/ Eligibility:
a. For open candidates there is no eligibility criteria
b. For admission in the course it is suggested/ desired that the candidate should have passed 10th standard / secondary school certificate from a recognized board or equivalent. However, the Yoga Institutions can define their own eligibility
4. Brief Role Description: Certified Yoga Professionals (Yoga Protocol Instructor) can teach basics of Yoga / common Yoga protocol developed by the Ministry of AYUSH for International Day of Yoga for prevention of diseases and promotion of health. They can conduct Yoga practice /classes in parks, societies, RWA etc.
5. Minimum age: No age limit
6. Personal Attributes: The job requires individual to have good communication skills, time management skills and ability to understand the body language of the trainees. The job requires individual to possess key qualities such as self discipline, confidence, maturity, patience, compassion, active listening, time management, empathetic, language proficiency.
7. Credit points for certificate : 12 credits
8. Duration of course: Not less than 200 hours or not less than 3 month as part time or not less than 1 month as full time course
9. Mark Distribution: Total Marks: 200 (Theory: 60 + Practical: 140)
|Unit No.||Unit name||Marks|
|1||Introduction to Yoga and Yogic Practices||20|
|2||Introduction to Yoga Texts||20|
|3||Yoga for Health Promotion||20|
|S No.||Practical Work||Marks|
|3||Application of knowledge||10|
S. No. Name of the Unit
Introduction to Yoga and Yogic Practices
Introduction to Yoga Texts
Yoga for Health Promotion
A. Demonstration Skills
4.1 Prayer: Concept and recitation of Pranava and hymns.
4.2 Yoga Cleansing TechniquesKnowledge of Dhauti, Neti and practice of Kapalabhati.
4.3 Yogic Sukshma Vyayama and Sthula Vyayama
a. Yogic Sukshma Vyayama (Micro Circulation Practices)
b. Yogic Sthula Vyayama (Macro Circulation Practices)
4.4 Yogic Surya Namaskara
4.6 Preparatory Breathing Practices
4.8 Understanding of Bandha
Understanding of Mudra
Hasta Mudras (chin, Chinmaya, Brahma, adi, jnana, Dhyana and Nasika)
4.10 Practices leading to Meditation and Dhyana Sadhana
B. Teaching Skills (Methods of Teaching Yoga)
Book for reference for Theory