This teacher training course is available from Monday to Saturday. You can start the course as soon as you enroll.
A self-paced program is available. Please send an inquiry to Swasti Yoga Center for more information.
Swasti’s founder, Dr.Vikas Chothe, holds an MD, PhD in Ayurvedic medicine with Yoga Certification from AYUSH and QCI India. He has worked as a Yoga Ambassador for the government of India and is currently an examiner for YCB Yoga examination at TQ Cert (TATA projects) for the Yoga Certification Board. He has been working as a lead examiner since the beginning of the Yoga Certification Scheme in 2016 and has conducted exams for more than 3,000 students till date. Dr.Vikas has been invited by Indian Embassy Austria, Malaysia and Armenia and has visited USA, China, Malaysia, Italy and European countries for propagation of Yoga and Ayurveda. He is also yoga school auditor for the Yoga Certification Board (YCB) creating quality standards in yoga schools globally.
Dr.Shwetambari Chothe is a certified Level 3 Yoga Teacher and Evaluator by government of India, consulting homeopath, assistant professor in LMF Homoeopathic Medical College, Pune, and co-founder of Swasti Yoga Centre. Since childhood, she had a keen interest in yoga and Indian culture. She is a great chef with Ayurveda healthy cooking as her specialty. Qualifications: MD Homoeopath, Anatomy and Physiology expert, yoga teacher and practitioner for six years.
1. Name of the Certification: Yoga Wellness Instructor (YWI)
2. Course level: Level 2
3. Requirement/ Eligibility:
a. For open candidates there is no eligibility criteria
b. For admission in the course it is suggested/ desired that the candidate should have passed 10th standard / secondary school certificate from a recognized board or equivalent. However, the Yoga Institutions can define their own eligibility
4. Brief Role Description: Certified Yoga Professionals (Yoga Protocol Instructor) can teach basics of Yoga / common Yoga protocol developed by the Ministry of AYUSH for International Day of Yoga for prevention of diseases and promotion of health. They can conduct Yoga practice /classes in parks, societies, RWA etc.
5. Minimum age: No age limit
6. Personal Attributes: The job requires individual to have good communication skills, time management skills and ability to understand the body language of the trainees. The job requires individual to possess key qualities such as self discipline, confidence, maturity, patience, compassion, active listening, time management, empathetic, language proficiency.
7. Credit points for certificate : 24 credits
8. Duration of course: Not less than 400 hours or not less than 6 month as part time or not less than 3 month as full time course
9. Mark Distribution: Total Marks: 200 (Theory: 60 + Practical: 140)
|Unit No.||Unit name||Marks|
|1||Introduction to Yoga and Yogic Practices||20|
|2||Introduction to Yoga Texts||20|
|3||Yoga for wellness||20|
|S No.||Practical Work||Marks|
|3||Application of knowledge||10|
Unit 1- Introduction to Yoga and Yogic Practices
Unit 2 Introduction to Yoga Texts
Unit 3 Yoga for Wellness
2. Yogic Shat Karma
3. Yogic Sukshma Vyayama and Sthula Vyayama
a. Yogic Sukshma Vyayama (Micro circulation practices)
b. Yogic Sukshma Vyayama (Micro circulation practices)
4. Yogic Surya Namaskara with Mantra
6. Preparatory Breathing Practices
8. Concept and Demonstration of Bandha
9. Concept and Demonstration of Mudra
10. Practices leading to Dhyana Sadhana
B. Teaching Skills (Methods of Teaching Yoga)Geeta Press, Gorakhpur (Samvat 2061).
Book for reference for Theory
Book for reference for Practicum